Monday, August 10, 2009

And it all comes together...

Well, I have officially sold my car! I didn't get the full amount I was hoping for, but I did get it sold. It was chaotic and I didn't realize until I was almost home that my VW beetle was no longer mine. It was actually quite sad. Although that car gave me hell at times, it was my first real car, and well, it was my baby. It is nice though to not have to worry about a damn car anymore!

I finally got all my belongings packed and ready to Fed Ex to my dad's. I did some shopping yesterday and have officially completed my list of purchases....this is not to say that my Amazon Wishlist is complete... :) I got some sweet sandals and a load of polo shirts. Plus, I didn't spend half as much money as I thought I would have.

I have 2 full days in Virginia Beach left. I'm going to be so sad to leave. The things/people I will miss the most- Shelley, Libby, and Macey- my family unit that was there for me when I needed them the most. I don't know what I would have done without them. They were my rock. It really excites me to know that I will be moving to a new country where I will again be with a family unit. In addition to my family here, I will definitely miss the days of laying out at the pool, the beach, and the oceanfront. Melissa- you were such an important element here and I will miss our mid-week cocktails and our everlasting adventures in VA Beach. I've never experienced the realities of living so close to a beach and just how refreshing it is to sit, watch and listen to the waves crashing in. So beautiful and natural. It's amazing to think that I will soon be in a country surrounded by rain forests, beaches, ocean, and natural landscapes. I couldn't be happier knowing that for 2 years, I will be one with nature.

I'm off to Baton Rouge on Thursday then back to Colorado and Nebraska. I'm looking forward to my last few weeks in the States spent with my loved ones. Thank you Shelley for your hospitality and friendship- you will be missed. Thank you Virginia Beach for giving me insight into this region and only failing me a few times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment