Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Colorado, Vineyard, and on to Sioux Falls, SD







I arrived in Nebraska after a short 2 days in Colorado with my BFF's...Jody and Scott. The memories from the stay with them are merely additional memories of what all we have shared over the past 6 maybe 7 years. I don't know what I'm going to do without those two friends. What I do know is that I will be waiting for my first care package! Thanks, Jody! Muah!

I've come to realize through this journey, that one does not have to search deeply to truly find the friends who will forever remain a part of your life. I once believed that friends were like wealth, the more you have the better your chances in this life. This definitely is not the case in either aspect....thankfully (as I know I will probably never have wealth- a fact I accepted long long ago). I am very fortunate to be leaving on this journey knowing that I go with "much love and respect" (thank you, Brian, for your wise words).

Upon my arrival in Nebraska on Monday I was immediately put to work on my parent's vineyard, Sage Hill Vineyard and Winery. I helped my mama and Hal, my stepfather, put up bird netting on about 4 rows of vines and, of course, snapped many pictures along the way. The vineyard looks amazing for this time of the year. The majority of the place is green, lush, and covered with sunflowers. The grapes also look quite marvelous....as well as tasty! The vineyard is definitely in for some great wines in the near future!


The stay with my family has been beautiful. I have been able to really bond with my sisters before they begin their Freshman year of high school, my mother, grandmother, stepfather, and a few distant family members- Abbie and Donna. I am very thankful for this time with these people. Although it has been short, I can honestly say that I have never felt closer and more secure with leaving my family. This is a very sad time for me, but I haven't cried- not yet, anyway. Through much reflection I have discovered that it is most difficult to leave someone when I know that they are going to have a difficult time while I am gone. I know that these people are all going to be okay. They are surrounded by love and family; therefore, guaranteeing them a first-placed spot in life.







Before I forget, thank you to all those who purchased items on my Wish List....you know who you are. However, I don't! So, with that in mind, please feel free to let me know what you contributed so that I can personally thank you. If you're shy--my thanks to you! This includes a big hug.

My next stop is Sioux Falls, SD to visit my father and stepmother, Janet via McCook, NE to visit my grandma Ham. I'm looking forward to this leg as it puts me closer to departure and reality. Until then....

2 comments:

  1. I like ur blog a lot.......nice composition........u should try and write a book......maybe u'll end up like JK Rowling and make lots of bucko bucks...........Good luck. If u get bored write me a long letter and instructions on how to start a blog/web site.....would like to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good in the post.
    Many thanks for your nice posting, I like it.
    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete