Friday, August 7, 2009

Packing, Selling, Distributing....

This is really tough. To focus on being in Micronesia is not an easy task when I have so much to complete in Virginia Beach....not even talking about what I must accomplish while back in Nebraska. It's exhausting.

I'm now at the point in my purging of belonging when I have to decide what to keep and what to trash. It helps to think about the fact that I'm going to an underdeveloped country where possessions include your family, house, food, and objects closest to you. Remembering this really puts the facts in my face- I'm casting aside the "things" that are merely possessions that in the minds of Micronesian's these things are simply that...unnecessary objects. But, damn! I loved those red polka-dotted heels! I may have worn them only once with that one super cute red dress...but I remember how great they made me feel. I hope they make the next woman feel as powerful as they made me. Yes, polka-dotted but so damn cute!

I guess this transition is training for when I leave the states. The next big hurdle- saying good-bye to my loved ones....talk about tough times.

PS...anyone want to buy a scooter? It gets 100 miles to the gallon and tops out at 38 mph! Hehe.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we could take the scooter - I love that hot tamale. If you have any cute sneakers, send them to me. I have been wearing tennies more often and only have my converse. You always had some cute stuff that fit me. Any luck on the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will is holding pizza in his mouth right now. Clif bar revisited!

    ReplyDelete