Friday, September 18, 2009

Bugs Nails and Hair...who would have thought of the commonalities?

I spoke with my sister Misty a few nights ago. She asked how I'm dealing with the bug situation. I was pretty much suspecting the worst possible scenario within this realm. However, it's not all that bad! Yes! I too was quite shocked- happily that is.  My first night here I was showering, mind you it was in the dark for the most part. I assume that the light in the bathroom doesn't work as there's a night light next to the sink that happens to be located behind the shower wall. So essentially I am showering in the dark. Anyway as I'm pouring cold water over my head I notice a "hole" in the wall. Nothing to worry about. After washing the suds from my eyes I realized that the hole is moving! Little to my surprise do I realize that it's a ginormous cockroach. Huge! It was at that moment that I asked myself- what in the hell am I doing here!? Why did I think this was a good idea? After a few intense moments of contemplation I simply said aloud...I'm showering with an effing cockroach and there's nothing I can do about it but deal and get over it. Get over it Amber cause this is my life for the next two years. It was a humbling moment and one that I will not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment